Economic and political development
Macro factorssuch as cyclical market conditions, trade policy and emission regulations influence global companies such as Gränges. Presently the dominating megatrend is the ongoing regionalization of supply chains, driven by trade regulations, demand for more resilient and shorter supply chains, as well as sustainability. Regionalization is having a direct impact on the competitive position of Gränges in the different markets.
Opportunities and risks
- Optimization of supply chain through global presence in different regions.
- Economic and political development is requiring stronger partnerships with customers.
- Change in market conditions.
- Leverage Gränges' global presence and decentralized business ownership to meet increasing regional demand, especially in Europe and North America.
- Broaden sustainable product offerings and solutions.
- Enter new niche markets and optimize allocation of current capacities in different regions.
- Develop and create new business in thermal management, electrified transportation, new rolled products niches, and new materials technology.
- Further develop medium to long-term plan for capacity and capabilities to align with future market conditions.