Economic and political development
Macro factors such as globalization, urbanization, cyclical market conditions, political governance, new trade legislation, emission regulations, technological development and digitalization influence global companies such as Gränges. Geopolitical tensions and trade frictions affect the global economy, putting strain on supply chains and disrupting the competitive landscape. Outbreaks of pandemics, such as COVID-19, or other diseases, can affect economy and politics.
Opportunities and risks
- Optimization of supply chain through global presence in different regions.
- Economic and political development is requiring stronger partnerships with customers.
- Change in market conditions. • Increased demand for aluminium material.
- Technology shift enables new business opportunities.
- Leverage Gränges' global presence and decentralized business ownership to meet new requirements.
- Broaden sustainable product offerings and solutions.
- Enter new niche markets and optimize allocation of current capacities in different regions.
- Develop and create new business in thermal management, electrified transportation, new rolled products niches and new materials technology.
- Further develop medium to long-term plan for capacity and capabilities.