Disruptive automotive technologies
Electrification, autonomous driving, connectivity, and the sharing economy are reshaping businesses. The electrification is driven by consumer and regulator acknowledgement of the environmental benefits of electric vehicles. Thermal management of batteries and other components is critical for the reliability and safety of electric vehicles, which is a condition for acceptance by consumers. The sharing economy leads to higher fleet utilization, resulting in new requirements for vehicle materials and design.
Opportunities and risks
- Increased development of products and applications for electric vehicles.
- New designs and material requirements in future vehicles.
- New players in the automotive industry.
- Strengthen capabilities to leverage the technology shift.
- Use and strengthen Gränges’ R&I competence and create new business opportunities.
- Extend and broaden customer collaborations and develop new types of partnerships.
- Increase and broaden the development of flux-less (TRILLIUM®) and flux-free brazing materials.
- Develop solutions for improved battery performance.