In the role as our new Quality Manager you will be based in our plant in St. Avold, France. Occasional travel in Europe may occur, but it is not a requirement. You will report directly to the CEO. You will also have in your team one quality technician.
LOCATION: St. Avold, France
In the role as our new quality manager you will be:
Responsible for the quality of produced goods in our plant, spray formed billets, extruded parts, hipped blocks and powders
• Leading the quality department and managing the quality team
• Follow-up of indicators and continuous improvement
• Review of standards (monitoring, writing of processes, application and monitoring of these processes and the customer specification)
• Validating quality reports and material certificates
• Management of internal audits (procedure, follow-up of the corresponding plan, potential experimental plans)
In charge of the materials lab and quality assurance
• Realization of normative and/or contractual tests
• Drafting and distribution of tests
• Definition of standards, monitoring processes while analyzing results and corrective actions
Responsible for the operation of the materials lab
• supply, organization, maintenance, calibration of the instruments and ensuring that the operations run smoothly
• archiving of samples and maintenance of database
• Entry point for potential customer claims and coordinating the efforts within GPM to perform root cause analyses (using 8D or other more relevant methods) and coordinate the related corrective action plan
• Participation to the optimization of our production processes including cost, quality, and lead times optimization
Performing hands-on work when required
• performing analysis and sample preparation during high turnover times.
• You have at least 5 years of experience in quality assurance, metrology, or other relevant position in a materials lab and you are familiar with measuring process (incl. sample preparation, measurements, analysis, and data archive)
• You have worked in the metal industry and understand metallurgy. Experience in powder metallurgy is a strong plus.
• An engineering degree or a comparable certificate is a plus.
• You are structured and capable of working independently, organize your own work and respect deadlines.
• You have excellent analytical skills for analyzing data and develop test plans
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and French; German is a plus.
• Knowledge of ISO/ASTM normative
• Knowledge of metrology
• Experience with Databases and programming is a plus
Apply, with CV and personal letter at email@example.com
About Gränges Powder Metallurgy (GPM)
Gränges Powder Metallurgy (GPM) is a global supplier of sprayformed aluminium products and aluminium powders for additive manufacturing. GPM belong to the Gränges group, which has Headquarters and is listed on Nasdaq in Stockholm. The 2,400 employees of Gränges are located in Sweden, Poland, China, Germany, and France.
In order to support the growth of our production facility in France, we are now looking for a Quality Manager to drive the establishment of a new materials lab and to take charge of its operations. As a Quality Manager you will have a key role in ensuring that delivered products meet customer expectations and are compliant with the highest of quality standards. You will work closely with production and other GPM functions, such as R&I and Additive Manufacturing. You will be part of an international and growing team, who is working towards changing the manufacturing industry.