Gränges is growing and therefore needs to strengthen its organization with a Business controller to Gränges Group headquarters in Stockholm. The business control team is reporting to the CFO and responsible to; provide internal stakeholders relevant, through and accurate financial management reporting and analysis material, secure financial quality in external communications, ad-hoc financial insights on relevant topics etc.
Gränges finance organization is a dynamic workplace where you work ranges from periodic financial reporting, hands on support to business development initiatives at the operating companies to strategic M&A projects. At times projects are fast paced. Gränges offers an international working environment with operations on three continents and you will have close interactions with colleagues in our Asian, US and European business areas. The right candidate has a keen interest in learning about Gränges operating companies, our technology and the markets and customers served. There are good opportunities for further development and promotion within the Gränges group where we encourage taking on future roles in the operating companies for some period of time.
Placement: Gränges HQ, Linnégatan 18, Stockholm
Starting date: ASAP after summer holidays
Reporting to: VP Business Control
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and provide financial management reporting and analysis material to Group Executive Management and Board of Directors
- Support in external reporting, analysis and presentation of the Group’s financial performance, focusing on preparing analysis and commentary sections of quarterly/annual reports, investor presentations, and other communication
- Be a key resource in the management of the Group’s budget and forecast processes
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations, e.g. calculating and issuing financial and operational KPIs
- Provide financial analyses as needed on ad-hoc basis, e.g. for capital investments or business decisions
- Support in developing the process, structure and formats for monitoring and tracking progress of larger investment projects
- Stay in close contact with and visit local business control teams in Europe, Asia and Americas. Identify and promote “best practice” business control tools and procedures across the Gränges Group
- Main partners/point of contacts: Group Finance, Local Finance departments, Global Sales organization, Global Operations organization, Investor Relations & Communication
Candidate experience & background – “Must-haves”
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent
- 3-6 years’ work experience as a Business Controller, as a Consultant at one of the “Big 4” audit firms or at a consultancy firm i.e. Accenture and/or with experience within transaction services
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and talent in building well-structured spreadsheets
- Fluent in English and Swedish both orally and in writing
Candidate experience & background – “Nice-to-haves”
- Relevant experience from manufacturing industry
- Working experience of consolidation systems i.e. Hyperion (“HFM”), AARO etc.
- Interest and drive to develop business
- Get things done
- Analytical and accurate
- Eager to learn
- Team player
Please apply directly in LinkedIn following the instructions. CV is mandatory while a supplementary cover letter is preferrable but not mandatory. It is recommended to merge CV and cover letter as one document to ease the uploading process. Applications can also be sent to VP Business Control, Gustav Andersson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and candidates are evaluated on an ongoing basis. For more information you are most welcome to contact Gustav Andersson.