- Home /
- Newsroom /
- Press releases /
- 2021 /
- Gränges Finspång achieves ASI Chain of Custody certification
Gränges Finspång achieves ASI Chain of Custody certification
Gränges Finspång has successfully achieved Gränges’ first certification against the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative Chain of Custody Standard. This is an important milestone in the company’s ambitious sustainability agenda and commitment to develop sustainable aluminium products and solutions.
The Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI) Chain of Custody (CoC) Standard defines a set of requirements for the creation of a responsible supply chain for aluminium. Itforms the basis for selling ASI-certified aluminium, which assures that Gränges’ products are responsibly sourced and produced across the entire supply chain, from extraction of raw materials to the finished product.
– I’m very proud that we now can offer customers verified sustainability credentials both in the form of product carbon footprint certificates as well as ASI-certified aluminium demonstrating that our products are responsibly sourced and produced. This provides assurance to our customers and other business partners that we are strongly committed to meeting their increased sustainability requirements and demand for sustainable aluminium, says Fredrik Spens, Managing Director Gränges Finspång.
In conjunction with the ASI CoC Standard certification, Gränges Finspång also achieved a full ASI Performance Standard certification, updated from a provisional status due to the COVID-19 situation. Gränges’ production facility in Shanghai was certified against ASI’s Performance Standard in 2019, and the company aims to certify all production sites in accordance with the ASI sustainability certifications by 2025.
– ASI is an important industry initiative which enables Gränges to promote and drive responsible and sustainable practices along the aluminium value chain. The certification allows our customers and other business partners to support Gränges’ development of sustainable aluminium products and solutions that have a low climate impact, are circular and resource efficient as well as responsibly sourced and produced, says Jörgen Rosengren, President and CEO.
The certificate was announced by ASI today, see link. The independent, third-party audits of Gränges’ production facility in Finspång were carried out by DNV GL.
For further information, please contact:
Sofia Hedevåg, SVP Sustainability
firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +46 733 03 79 79
Oskar Hellström, CFO and Deputy CEO
email@example.com, tel: +46 8 459 59 00
About ASI and the Chain of Custody Standard
ASI is a global, multi-stakeholder, non-profit standards setting and certification organization which works to maximize the contribution of aluminium to a sustainable society. The CoC Standard sets out requirements for the creation of a chain of custody for aluminium, which is produced and processed through the value chain. The implementation of ASI’s CoC Standard enables a link between verified practices at successive steps of the supply chain under the ASI Performance Standard, to the products produced by ASI certified entities. For more information, see link.
Gränges is an aluminium technology company who drives the development of lighter, smarter, and more sustainable aluminium products and solutions. The company offers advanced materials that enhance efficiency in the customers’ manufacturing process and the performance of the final products. Gränges’ innovative engineering has transformed the industry for more than 125 years, and the company holds leading positions in rolled products for thermal management systems, speciality packaging and selected niche applications. Gränges has production facilities and conducts sales on three continents, Asia, Europe, and Americas. The total annual production capacity amounts to 560 ktonnes. Gränges has 2,600 employees and the share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. More information is available at www.granges.com.
114 47 Stockholm
+46 84 59 59 00
Connect with us
- A strong commitment to sustainability
- Framework and 2025 targets
- Sustainability reporting
- Value chain
- Climate strategy
- Sustainable innovation and sales
- Responsible and sustainable sourcing
- Resource-efficient operations
- Diverse and high-performing teams
- Ethical business practices
- FAQs & contact