We will run our business in an ethical and responsible way and be an ethically sound partner in all our relations and in the societies in which we conduct business. We never accept corruption and we will always act rapidly, stringently and vigorously if discovering corruption or unethical behaviour.
Performance and focus 2018
- Launched a new Code of Conduct; 99 per cent of employees trained across the Group.
- Updated the whistleblower function to be accessed by employees as well as by external business partners.
- Initiated efforts to develop a global anti-corruption training programme with the aim to train applicable employees* in 2019.
- No bribery or other type of corruption incidents were detected during the year.
* Employees working in sales, purchasing and senior executives who have external contacts.
Ethics and anti-corruption
New Code of Conduct
Gränges’ Code of Conduct outlines what Gränges considers to be responsible behaviour and is an important cornerstone in Gränges’ policy framework. The Code of Conduct is based on international standards* on human rights, labour conditions, the environment and anti-corruption. This includes UN Global Compact and its set of ten principles.
* UN Global Compact, UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, UN Sustainable Development Goals, and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Corporations.
Gränges’ Code of Conduct
Zero tolerance for corruption
Gränges has zero tolerance for corruption and does not accept any form of bribery or other type of corruption. This is founded on the Code of Conduct and the Anti-corruption Policy. To ensure that suppliers maintain the same standards as Gränges, they are required to sign Gränges’ Supplier Code of Conduct in which anti-corruption is one criterion.
In line with Gränges’ long-term target, all employees working in sales, purchasing and senior executives who have external contacts, will from 2019 complete annual anti-corruption training. An assessment of anti-bribery and anti-corruption procedures is also integrated into Gränges’ internal audit.
Gränges’ Anti-Corruption Policy
Expanded whistleblower function
Gränges has a whistleblower function to detect irregularities that may seriously harm the business or its employees. The function is managed by an external company and can be accessed online (intranet or external website) or by telephone. Through the function, employees and external business partners can provide information and be guaranteed full anonymity without fear of retaliation. By quickly uncovering and remediating irregularities, Gränges is in a better position to manage the underlying causes before they become unmanageable.
Gränges’ Whistleblower function ›