Sustainable product offerings
We will enhance the sustainability performance of our products through development of innovative and eco-responsible offerings and provide customers with verified sustainability performance data. By doing so, we aim to improve their environmental footprint and contribute positively to a more circular industry approach to aluminium.
- Eco-responsible innovation
- Product life-cycle sustainability performance
- 80 per cent of Gränges’ products to have verified sustainability information available.
- Life-cycle assessment (LCA) pre-study conducted, which will serve as the foundation for how to achieve verified sustainability information on Gränges’ products starting from 2020.
- 62 per cent (44) of product development projects were assessed to lead to improved climate performance for Gränges’ customers.
Responsible and sustainable sourcing
We will ensure that our suppliers maintain high sustainability standards by enforcing strict criteria in our supplier sourcing agreements and partnerships. We also commit to improve the environmental footprint in our supply chain by working with our suppliers and promoting sustainable practices.
- Responsible sourcing
- Sourced recycled aluminium
- Emissions and climate impact
- 100 per cent of all significant suppliers* to be committed to Gränges’ Supplier Code of Conduct or equivalent standard.
- 20 per cent of total sourced metal inputs to be recycled aluminium.
- The share of sourced renewable energy (electricity, heat, fuels) to increase.**
- Carbon emissions intensity from purchased materials and services to be reduced.**
*Suppliers with a purchase value above SEK 5 million CNY 5 million or USD 0.5 million.
**Versus baseline 2017.
- 154 suppliers (137) signed the Supplier Code of Conduct or were assessed to have equivalent standards in place which are in line with Gränges’ sustainability requirements. This corresponded to 99 per cent (98) of the purchase value from all significant suppliers1).
- Increased the share of recycled aluminium to 19.8 per cent (16.7) of total sourced metal inputs, up by 3.0 percentage points versus 2018.
- The share of renewable energy, from sourced electricity and heating, reached 8 per cent (9).
- Carbon emissions intensity from purchased materials and services reached 10.5 tonnes CO2e/tonne (11,2), down by 7 per cent versus 2018 and 12 per cent versus baseline 2017, primarily driven by a higher share of sourced recycled aluminium.
1) Suppliers with a purchase value above SEK 5 million CNY 5 million or USD 0.5 million.
We will strengthen operational efficiency and continuous improvements in our operations to improve material and energy efficiency and reduce emissions to air and water, while at the same time provide a safe and secure workplace for our employees. Thereby, we minimize the negative impacts of our operations.
- Workplace safety
- Water management
- Emissions and climate impact
- Total Recordable Rate to be < 3.0 recordable accidents per million hours worked.
- Severity Rate to be < 50 lost workdays per million hours worked.
- Energy intensity to be reduced by 17 per cent.*
- Carbon emissions intensity from own operations and purchased energy to be reduced by 25 per cent.*
- All Gränges sites to have implemented a local water management plan.
*Versus baseline 2017.
- Improved safety performance; Total Recordable Rate reached 4.4 (6.1) and Severity Rate 142 (165).
- Energy intensity increased to 3.5 MWh/tonne (3.3), mainly driven by lower production volumes.
- Carbon emissions intensity from own operations and purchased energy amounted to 0.82 tonnes CO2e/tonne (0.76), up by 8 per cent versus 2018 and 1 per cent versus baseline 2017, driven by lower production volumes.
- Agreed on the key elements of local water management plans, which will be developed starting in 2020.
Diverse and high-performing teams
We will ensure that our people are motivated and engaged. By being an open and inclusive employer, with zero tolerance of discrimination, we will provide a diverse workplace where employees can realize their full potentials and contribute to developing a high-performing organization.
- Career and leadership development
- Diversity and equality
- Employee wellbeing
- 100 per cent of all employees to receive annual performance and development discussion.
- At least 30 per cent of senior management* to be women.
- Employee engagement index to reach at least 85.
*Employees eligible to participate in Gränges’ long-term incentive (LTI) programme.
- 100 per cent (99) of employees received a performance and development discussion.
- 14 per cent (14) women in total workforce, and 20 per cent (20) among senior management.
Ethical business practices
We will run our business in an ethical and responsible way and be an ethically sound partner in all our relations and in the societies in which we conduct business. We never accept corruption and we will always act rapidly, stringently and vigorously if discovering corruption or unethical behaviour.
- Ethics and anti-corruption
- 100 per cent of all employees to be annually trained in Gränges’ Code of Conduct.
- 100 per cent of all white-collar employees to be annually trained in anti-corruption.*
*Target has been reformulated in 2019 to cover all white-collar employees.
- 99 per cent (99) of all employees conducted an online training in Gränges’ Code of Conduct.
- 100 per cent of all white-collar employees conducted the new online anti-corruption training, based on the updated Anti-Corruption Policy.