Sustainable product offerings
We will enhance the sustainability performance of our products through development of innovative and eco-responsible offerings and provide customers with verified sustainability performance data. By doing so, we aim to improve their environmental footprint and contribute positively to a more circular industry approach to aluminium.
- Eco-responsible innovation
- Product life-cycle sustainability performance
- 80 per cent of Gränges’ products to have third-party verified sustainability information available.
- 19 per cent (-) of Gränges’ products had third-party verified sustainability information.
Responsible and sustainable sourcing
We will ensure that our suppliers maintain high sustainability standards by enforcing strict criteria in our supplier sourcing agreements and partnerships. We also commit to improve the environmental footprint in our supply chain by working with our suppliers and promoting sustainable practices.
- Responsible sourcing
- Sourced recycled aluminium
- Emissions and climate impact
- 100 per cent of all significant suppliers1) to be committed to Gränges’ Supplier Code of Conduct or equivalent standard.
- 20 per cent of total sourced metal inputs to be recycled aluminium.2)
- The share of renewable energy (electricity, heat, fuels) to increase.3)
- Carbon emissions intensity from purchased materials and services (Scope 3) to be reduced.3)
1)Suppliers with a purchase value above SEK 5 million CNY 5 million or USD 0.5 million.
2)Gränges works to define and disclose an upgraded target for sourced recycled aluminium.
3)Versus baseline 2017.
- 97 per cent (99) of significant suppliers had a valid commitment to the Supplier Code of Conduct or had an equivalent standard in place.
- The share of recycled aluminium increased to 22.5 per cent (19.8) of total sourced metal inputs.
- The share of renewable energy increased to 13 per cent (8).
- Carbon emissions intensity from purchased materials and services improved by 8 percent versus 2019 and reached 9.6 tonnes CO2e/tonne (10.5).
We will strengthen operational efficiency and continuous improvements in our operations to improve material and energy efficiency and reduce emissions to air and water, while at the same time provide a safe and secure workplace for our employees. Thereby, we minimize the negative impacts of our operations.
- Workplace safety
- Water management
- Emissions and climate impact
- Total Recordable Rate to be < 3.0 recordable accidents per million hours worked.
- Severity Rate to be < 50 lost workdays per million hours worked.
- Energy intensity to be reduced by 17 per cent.*
- Carbon emissions intensity from own operations and purchased energy (Scope 1+2) to be reduced by 25 per cent.*
- All Gränges sites to have implemented a local water management plan.
*Versus baseline 2017.
- Safety performance; Total Recordable Rate reached 5.5 (4.4) and Severity Rate 109 (142).
- Energy intensity increased to 3.6 MWh/tonne (3.5).
- Carbon emissions intensity from own operations and purchased energy amounted to 0.83 tonnes CO2e/tonne (0.82).
- Number of sites having implemented a local water management plan is 2/5.
Diverse and high-performing teams
We will ensure that our people are motivated and engaged. By being an open and inclusive employer, with zero tolerance of discrimination, we will provide a diverse workplace where employees can realize their full potentials and contribute to developing a high-performing organization.
- Career and leadership development
- Diversity and equality
- Employee wellbeing
- 100 per cent of all employees to receive annual performance and development discussion.
- At least 30 per cent of senior management* to be women.
- Employee engagement index to reach at least 85.
*Employees eligible to participate in Gränges’ long-term incentive (LTI) programme.
- 100 per cent (100) of employees received a performance and development discussion.
- 15 per cent (14) women in total workforce, and 21 per cent (20) among senior management.
- Employee engagement index reached 78 (77).
Ethical business practices
We will run our business in an ethical and responsible way and be an ethically sound partner in all our relations and in the societies in which we conduct business. We never accept corruption and we will always act rapidly, stringently and vigorously if discovering corruption or unethical behaviour.
- Ethics and anti-corruption
- 100 per cent of all employees to be annually trained in Gränges’ Code of Conduct.
- 100 per cent of all white-collar employees to be annually trained in anti-corruption.
- 100 per cent (99) of all employees conducted an online training in Gränges ’Code of Conduct.
- 100 per cent (100) of all white-collar employees conducted an online training based on the Anti-Corruption Policy.