We will strengthen operational efficiency and continuous improvements in our operations to improve material and energy efficiency and reduce emissions to air and water, while at the same time provide a safe and secure workplace for our employees. Thereby, we minimize the negative impacts of our operations.
Performance and focus 2018
- Reduced Total Recordable Rate by 22 per cent to 6.1 recordable accidents per million hours worked (7.8).
- Severity Rate increased to 165 lost workdays per million hours worked (112) due to a couple of accidents that resulted in long recovery of the injured individuals.
- Reduced energy intensity by 1 per cent to 3.3 MWh/tonne product (3.3) driven by different energy efficiency measures at the plants. The total share of sourced renewable energy* was unchanged at 9 per cent (9).
- Reduced direct and energy indirect carbon emissions intensity by 6 per cent to 0.76 tonne CO2e/tonne product (0.81) driven by improved energy intensity and a higher share of low carbon nuclear electricity replacing fossil fuel-based electricity in Gränges Americas.
* Wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, tidal and biomass.